Eurasia in Cagliari: all the information to see this exhibition
- Published: 1-03-2016
- Category: Events
From Caucasian ancient peoples to Nuragic civilization. From Cagliari to the State Hermitage in Saint Petersburg. In between, there are thousands and thousands of years of human history, from Neolithic to the first millennium BC. And Eurasia. Fino alle soglie della storia is an interesting exhibition that will take place in Palazzo di Città in Cagliari until April 10, 2016.
On one side, there are 130 priceless artefacts from the most prestigious Sardinian and Italian museums. On the other side, there are more than 350 works of art from the Hermitage in Saint Petersburg. They narrate a story, a story of incredible parallelisms between Caucasian ancient peoples and Nuragic civilization. The prehistory of man in a time of great changes.
The works of art on display are divided into four thematic sections:
- Tuttigiorni – Clay, stone, metal alloys: during the passage from Neolithic Age to the age of metals, human history has been changed by the use of new materials and new tools.
- La rivoluzione dei metalli – A metal tool is only the final step of a long process: from search to extraction of the metal, from transport to processing.
- Desiderabile – New production methods brought profound changes: the first distinctions within communities, represented by the possibility of using or not certain objects. Gold and precious become symbols of royalty, power, wealth.
- Bovemachina – Even the correlation between man and animals changes. Hunting is no longer a necessity, but a manifestation of ability and strength. The horse and the wheel introduce new communication systems.
The exhibition Eurasia. Fino alle soglie della storia is open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 6pm (closed on Monday).
- Full price ticket: 4 euros
- Reduced price ticket: 2.50 euros
- Musei Civici full price ticket: 8 euros
- Musei Civici reduced price ticket: 4 euros
If you are more than 65 years old, entrance is free.
How to get there
Palazzo di Città is located in Castello neighbourhood, in Piazza Palazzo, easy to reach from the port of Cagliari.
For further information about Eurasia exhibition, you can visit the official website of the event, Museicivicicagliari.it.
Image source: Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1335564Related articles