Mamoiada: Mamuthones and Issohadores protagonists of the Carnival 2018
- Published: 6-02-2018
- Category: Events
The Carnival in Sardinia is also made of ancient and characteristic traditions. Traditions that make this particular time of year really special. Special just like the Carnival of Mamoiada, which will take place in 2018.
One thing is absolutely certain: the most important protagonists will be, as always, them, Mamuthones and Issohadores, who, on Mardi Gras (February 13th) will perform in the characteristic parade.
Mamuthones and Issohadores, but not only. Because the program of Mamoiada Carnival offers much more: side events, exhibitions, tastings, activities and initiatives for children.
How to get there
Mamoiada is located in Barbagia, one of the historic regions of Sardinia. To get there and enjoy the tradition of Carnival, we recommend to start from Arbatax, one of the main ports where ferries arrive and depart from and to Sardinia.
- Take the county road 125 to Tortolì;
- From Tortolì, take the county road 27 towards west;
- Take the state highway 389var and follow the road signs to Mamoiada.
The journey by car takes about one hour.
Since you are thinking of getting to Mamoiada on the occasion of the Carnival, why miss the opportunity to spend a small, pleasant holiday here? In particular, from Mamoiada it is possible to reach:
- The Gennargentu, a real paradise for hiking enthusiasts and, according to many, one of the most beautiful places to see in Sardinia;
- The Gulf of Orosei, whose beaches will surely give you some good ideas to spend the next summer holidays.
For further information about the 2018 edition of the Mamoiada Carnival (official dates, complete program), you can visit comune di Mamoiada official website, Comune.mamoiada.nu.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/ckorangeRelated articles