Autunno in Barbagia 2016: 5 things to know to discover traditions and treasures
- Published: 6-09-2016
- Category: Events
The first stage took place some days ago. And it’s one of the most important moment of the year in Sardinia. Especially for those who want to discover traditions, colours, tastes, nature and culture of this wonderful land. This is Autunno in Barbagia 2016. To plan the journey, there are five things to know.
1. The progam:
- September: Bitti (2-4) | Oliena (9-11) | Dorgali (16-18) | Sarule (17-18) | Austis (23-25) | Orani (24-25) | Lula (September 30th – October 2nd).
- October: Tonara (1-2) | Gavoi (7-9) | Meana Sardo (7-9) | Onanì (8-9) | Lollove (15-16) | Orgosolo (15-16) | Sorgono (21-23) | Belvì (22-23) | Aritzo (29-30) | Desulo (October 30th – November 1st).
- November: Ovodda (4-6) | Mamoiada (4-6) | Nuoro (11-13) | Tiana (11-13) | Olzai (19-20) | Atzara (19-20) | Ollolai (25-27).
- December: Gadoni (2-4) | Teti (3-4) | Fonni (8-11) | Orune (16-18).
2. The Cortes apertas
The real heart of the event will be, as always, the Cortes Apertas, the “open courtyards”: during the days of Autunno in Barbagia, the historic houses of the several towns will open their courtyards and will show the artisan, artistic and wine-and-food traditions of the places.
3. How to get there
All the towns of Autunno in Barbagia are in the province of Nuoro. From Nuoro, you only have to follow the road signs to the chosen municipality. Take a car with you on the ferry to Sardinia.
The main port near Nuoro is Arbatax-Tortolì. To get there:
- Take county road 27 and follow the road signs to Villagrande/Nuoro/Olbia;
- Take state highway 389var di Buddusò and follow the road signs to Nuoro.
The journey by car takes about one hour and 15 minutes.
4. Where to stay
Nuoro is the best “starting point” from which you can easily reach the towns of Autunno in Barbagia. In Nuoro, you can find hotel and B&Bs.
5. Official website
For further information about Autunno in Barbagia 2016 (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/meandnaikaRelated articles