Time in jazz 2017: holidays in Sardinia for real music enthusiasts
- Published: 30-05-2017
- Category: Events
In summer, Sardinia becomes the island of jazz. And one of the most anticipated events, for all real music enthusiasts, takes place in Gallura, in Berchidda and in other small towns in this area, such as Budoni, Calangianus, Golfo Aranci and Tempio Pausania. We are talking about Time in jazz 2017, from August 8th to 16th.
- August 8th: Paolo Fresu – Enrico Zanisi duo | Ada Montellanico – Dino Rubino duo | Andy Sheppard Quartet.
- August 9th: Enrico Zanisi piano solo | Andy Sheppard – Eivind Aarset duo | Gianluca Petrella & Giovanni Guidi > “SoupStar” | Markus Stockhausen & Florian Weber > “Inside Out”.
- August 10th: Raffaele Casarano & Marco Bardoscia > “Locomotive” | Giovanni Guidi piano solo | Uri Caine – Paolo Fresu duo.
- August 11th: Gianluca Petrella – Marco Bardoscia duo | Raffaele Casarano – Marco Bardoscia – Ada Montellanico trio | Francesco Bearzatti Tinissima 4tet > “This Machine Kills Fascists” | Uri Caine trio.
- August 12th: Dino Rubino piano solo | Francesco Bearzatti solo | The Art Ensemble of Chicago.
- August 13th: Dino Rubino – Enrico Zanisi duo | Zoe Pia > “Shardana” | Adam Baldych – Helge Lien duo | Tomasz Stanko New York Quartet.
- August 14th: Tomasz Stanko – David Virelles duo | Gaetano Curreri,Paolo Fresu,Raffaele Casarano,Fabrizio Foschini > “Le Rondini e la Nina” | Pipon Garcia trio | Rava Tribe | Banda Musicale “Bernardo De Muro” + guests.
- August 15th: “Trent’anni di festival: Time in Jazz, una scommessa vinta?” | Huntertones | Poetry contest | Erik Truffaz Quartet | Huntertones + guests – Festa di Ferragosto.
- August 16th: Presentation of the wine bottle of Time in Jazz | Paolo Fresu – Philippe Garcia duo.
3 places to see
- Olbia. One of the most popular tourist destinations of the whole island: Olbia is a real mix of history, culture and nature.
- Santa Teresa di Gallura. Famous for its beaches, Santa Teresa di Gallura is a picturesque town where you can breathe a unique atmosphere.
- Sassari. One of the most beautiful cities in Sardinia.
These three places are easy to reach from Berchidda and from the other villages where Time jazz 2017 concerts take place.
How to get there
Berchidda can be defined as the “heart” of Time in jazz 2017. To get there from Olbia, one of the main ports for ferries to Sardinia:
- Take the state highway 729 towards Sassari;
- Take the county road 62;
- Follow the road signs to Berchidda.
The journey by car takes about thirty minutes.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Time in jazz (tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Timeinjazz.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/geertschneiderRelated articles