What to do and what to see: 3 itineraries to discover south Sardinia
- Published: 6-04-2018
- Category: Thigs to Do
Where to spend a holiday in Sardinia and be sure to live unforgettable days? Good question, since this island is large and all to see. You have made a first choice, opting for the southern coast of this Mediterranean island. And now you want to know what to see in south Sardinia.
1. The places
- Cagliari. The first idea could only be the Sardinian capital. A very easy-to-reach destination, which will allow you to discover the southern coast of the island. And to visit the city you can follow this itinerary: what to see in Cagliari in one day.
- Pula and the ruins of Nora. Pula is a small and picturesque village located near Cagliari. The real attraction is Nora, an ancient Roman city that was built on the nearby promontory of Capo di Pula, separated from the mainland by an isthmus.
- Peninsula of Sulcis. This is a very charming rural area, with pastures and Mediterranean scrub, unspoiled bays and fishing villages. A place where you can enjoy a peaceful and simple life.
- Coast of Iglesiente. A stretch of coastline that will show you the most sour and genuine aspect of Sardinia, with the mountains that reach the sea, and several beautiful villages.
- San Pietro Island. You can get there by ferryboat from Portovesme to Carloforte. So you can visit a small and picturesque island not far from the Sardinian coast.
2. The beaches
These, however, are the areas where you can find some of the most beautiful beaches of Cagliari:
- Villasimius and Costa Rei. The first of these two destinations, Villasimius, is famous especially for its beaches, such as Porto sa ‘Ruxi, Piscadeddus, Campus, Cuccureddus, Campulongu, Spiaggia del Riso, Spiaggia del Porticciolo. Also Costa Rei is a succession of beaches and lagoons, there is also the archaeological site of Cuili Piras, famous for its resemblance to Stonehenge.
- Chia and Teulada. The panorama of Chia is characterized by kilometers and kilometers of long white beaches: among the many, we can mention Su Giudeu, Sa Colonia, Cala del Morto, Cala Cipolla. Teulada, not far from Chia, is also renowned for its beach.
3. With children
If you’re planning a holiday with the whole family, the destination we recommend is Cagliari, where there are so many things to do and see with children: nature parks, amusement parks, easy-to-reach beaches, everything you could wish for during a vacation with children.
These are our ideas to visit south Sardinia. And now you just have to book a ferry to Cagliari.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/clurrRelated articles