Sardinian traditional events: tradition of the Cavalcata sarda 2017 (Sassari)
- Published: 6-04-2017
- Category: Events
Tradition and folklore. The sacred meets the profane. An event as ancient as, literally, indispensable for all the inhabitants of the island since 1771. This is the Cavalcata sarda 2017, which will take place in Sassari on May 21st.
The Cavalcata 2017
As tradition requires, the day of the Sardinian Cavalcade is divided into three parts:
- The parade. It takes place in the morning. Folk groups in traditional costumes from all over Sardinia will parade in the streets and squares of the city of Sassari.
- Horse ridings. They take place in the afternoon. In the city racecourse, riders and horses perform in difficult acrobatic spectacles.
- Music and dance. They take place in the evening. In the square, the day of the Cavalcata sarda 2017 ends with music, traditional songs and dances.
How to get there
The main tourist port near Sassari is Porto Torres (one of the most important where ferries to Sardinia dock). To get there:
- Take E25 towards south;
- Take the state highway 291var;
- Follow the road signs to Sassari.
The journey by car takes about twenty minutes.
What to see
The Cavalcata sarda 2017 becomes an opportunity for a short trip in Sardinia in spring and visit two of the most beautiful cities. We are talking about:
- Sassari, famous city (among other things) for the cathedral, the church of San Pietro di Silki, for the parco di Monserrato (a park) and the Platamona beach (the favourite by the inhabitants of the city);
- Porto Torres, a city that combines the charm of an ancient history with the beauty of unspoiled nature.
For further information about the Cavalcata sarda 2017 (complete program, any changes), you can visit the official website of the municipality of Sassari, Comune.sassari.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/nicolasdogyumaRelated articles