The 10 most beautiful beaches of Sardinia [GALLERY]
- Published: 27-04-2015
- Category: Places to See
Sardinia is renowned for its sea all over the world: this is the main reason (but not the only one) for which thousands of visitors come here every year. But you want something more. You want the most beautiful beaches of Sardinia.
You won’t forget these 10 places so easily.
- Cala Coticcio. On Caprera, one of the most beautiful island of Sardinia. The sand is fine and white. The color of the sea changes from blue to turquoise. The rocks that surround the beach are pink. If there is a perfect beach, perhaps you found it.
- La Pelosa. In Stintino, near Porto Torres, on the north coast of Sardinia. The beach is protected by Capo Falcone stacks, by Piana Island and by Asinara Island. It is a white sand beach.
- Cala Goloritzé. All that you have to do is to watch the photo of this beach: overlooked by a 150 meters rock pinnacle, it’s a small white sand and pebbles beach touched by a pristine sea. It is located in the Gulf of Orosei, in the region of Ogliastra.
- Spiaggia Rosa. “The pink beach”. It’s in on Budelli, a small island of La Maddalena Archipelago. This beach is famous for two reasons: the extraordinary pink color of the sand; here Michelangelo Antonioni filmed some scenes of Deserto rosso. You can see the beach only with a guide of La Maddalena National Park.
- Porto Giunco. In Villasimius, near Cagliari. A long sandy shore.
- Rena Majore. In the homonymous locality, in the province of Olbia-Tempio. It is a long beach of white sand surrounded by rocks, sand dunes and Mediterranean scrub.
- Cala Spinosa. In Santa Teresa di Gallura. Cala Spinosa is reachable only via steep paths. Buy, once you arrive, the panorama will make you forget the fatigue: white cliffs of granite rock that plunge into a cove, the water has thousand shades, from turquoise to emerald.
- Tuerredda. A paradisiacal cove between Capo Malfatano and Capo Spartivento, in the province of Cagliari. Its sea is always very warn, ideal for good swimming.
- Su Giudeu. In Capo Spartivento locality, near Tuerredda. It’s a long sand beach surrounded by Mediterranean scrub.
- Cala Mariolu. The last of Sardinia 10 most beautiful beaches is on the sea of Ogliastra, along Sardinia east coast. Cala Mariolu is made of pebbles and fallen rocks.