Sardinia, Cala Gonone jazz festival 2016: an event between sea and music
- Published: 14-06-2016
- Category: Events
A four-days event dedicated solely to great music, with national and international musicians. To enjoy while you’re discovering one of the most beautiful parts of Sardinian coast. This is Cala Gonone jazz festival 2016: it will take place from July 27th to 30th. And it’s (another) proof that, in Summer, Sardinia is the island of jazz.
The Cala Gonone Jazz Festival has “two souls”. The first is the music: Mike Stern (guitar) and Bill Evans (sax), the jazz-fusion band Yellowjackets, Nicola Agus and its “launeddas” (a typical Sardinian woodwind instrument made of three pipes) are some of the artists who will perform.
The “second soul” is the nature. In fact, several concerts will take place in the beautiful grotta del Bue marino (a famous Sardinian cave). While the Aquarium of Cala Gonone, overlooking the Gulf of Orosei, will be the location of the aperitif concerts.
How to get there
The main tourist port near Cala Gonone is Arbatax. To get there:
- Take the state highway 389var to zona industriale di Prato Sardo;
- From zona industriale di Prato Sardo, take the state highway 131dcn and follow the road signs to Dorgali/Orosei;
- Take the county road 26 to Dorgali;
- From Dorgali, follow the road signs to Cala Gonone.
The journey by car takes about one hour and thirty minutes.
Not only jazz
- Cala Gonone overlooks the beautiful Gulf of Orosei. This part of Sardinia is famous for its beaches: such as Cala Goloritzè, Cala Biriola and Cala Luna.
- From Cala Gonone, you can easily reach Gennargentu (a large massif), a real paradise for hikers.
- In Tortolì there are several places to see, such as Arbatax and Area archeologica attrezzata S’Ortali ‘e su Monti.
For further information about the 2016 edition of Cala Gonone jazz festival (complete program, tickets), you can visit the official website of the event, Intermezzonuoro.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/jazztouristRelated articles