Sardinia: the Blue Flag 2018 beaches
- Published: 3-07-2018
- Category: Places to See
Some of them are, rightfully, among the most beautiful beaches of Sardinia. And if you want to experience a holiday dedicated solely to the sun, the sea and so much relaxation, they are the places that are really for you. We are talking about the beaches of Sardinia awarded with the prestigious recognition of the Blue Flag 2018.
Blue Flag 2018
- Cagliari: Portu Tramatzu, Sabbie Bianche, Tuerredda (Teulada); Poetto, Mare Pintau (Quartu Sant’Elena).
- Nuoro: Bucca ‘e Strumpu/Torre di Barì/Planargia (Bari Sardo).
- Ogliastra: Lido Cea, Lido Orrì, Muxì, Orrì Foxilioni, Ponente, Porto Frailis (Tortolì).
- Olbia-Tempio: Li Mindi/Lu Stangioni, Pirotto Li Frati/ Mimose bay, Li Junchi (Badesi).
- Oristano: Torregrande.
- Sassari: Porto Ferro, Porto Palmas (Sassari); Tegge, Monti D’a Rena, Bassa Trinità, Porto Lungo, Spalmatore, Caprera Relitto, Caprera Due Mari (La Maddalena); L’Isolotto, Fronte Stagno Saline, Palau Vecchio, Foce Fiume Liscia, La Sciumara, L’Isuledda (Palau); La Taltana – Santa Reparata, Zia Culumba, Rena Bianca, Rena Ponente (Santa Teresa Gallura); La Marinedda, Spiaggia Lunga Isola Rossa (Trinità D’Agultu e Vignola); Marina beach, Marina di Sorso (Sorso); Madonnina/Stella Maris, Sacro Cuore/Ampurias (Castelsardo).
Seen, therefore, the list of Blue Flag beaches 2018 that have touched Sardinia, one could say that this year’s winning palm belongs to Sassari, since its area has collected the largest number of beaches that have received the recognition.
But this city is not just beaches. There are, in fact, also many things to see in Sassari: the cathedral, Castello square and the park of Monserrato just some of the most beautiful places that this city is able to offer to all those who choose to visit it.
How to get
To get to Sassari, you have two possibilities. First of all, you have to book a place on one of the ferries to Sardinia that will take you to Olbia or to Porto Torres.
- From Olbia, just take the state road 597 and the state road 729 following the signs to Sassari. The journey by car takes about an hour and twenty minutes.
- From Porto Torres, just take the E25 and drive for less than half an hour following the signs for Sassari.
In both cases, we advise you to board a car on the ferry, so as to be sure you can reach all the Blue Flag 2018 beaches.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/menumarcoRelated articles