Rally Italy Sardinia: adrenaline along the north coast
- Published: 9-05-2016
- Category: Events
For the third consecutive year, the event will start in Alghero. Among adrenaline, thrilling bends and breathtaking views that will test the skills of the drivers, the 2016 edition of Rally Italy Sardinia will take place from June 9 to 12.
On June 9, Thursday, will take place the special two-kilometres-long opening race at Ittiri arena show. The next day, the Rally Italy Sardinia will start:
- First day (June 10, Friday): eight special stages, 102.76 kilometres in Logudoro and Anglona.
- Second day (June 11, Saturday): six special stages, 177 kilometres in the region of monte Acuto.
- Third day: (June 12, Sunday): four special stages and 43.54 kilometres.
Not only rally
Your passion for rally will bring you in Sardinia. What better occasion to discover one of the most beautiful parts of the island?
- Riviera del corallo (literally, “coast of the coral”) is the stretch of coast from La Speranza, south of Alghero, to Rena Maiore. Here there are beaches that you will not forget so easily.
- Porto Torres, Olbia, Santa Teresa di Gallura and Bonifacio are four good ideas for pleasant excursions.
- Alghero is one of the places to live the Sardinian nightlife: this city offers discotheques, nightclubs, pubs and wonderful beaches.
How to get there
Porto Torres is the main port near Alghero. To get there, jus take the county road 42 towards south and follow the road signs to Alghero. The journey by car takes about thirty minutes.
For further information about the 2016 edition of Rally Italy Sardinia, you can visit the official website of the event, Rallyitaliasardegna.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/bestofrallyliveRelated articles