International Nora jazz festival 2017: magic, music and a sea full of suggestions
- Published: 1-08-2017
- Category: Events
Only just the nickname of Nora conveys the whole suggestion of a magical place on the shore of a beautiful sea: the submerged town of Sardinia. And this is where, from August 2nd to 12th, there will be an event that will make the place even more special: this is the 2017 edition of the International Nora jazz festival.
An event that, more importantly, highlights that, in summer, Sardinia really becomes the island of jazz. Quality music that will give your vacation that extra touch of culture.
The 2017 program:
- August 2nd: Rita Marcotulli, “…a Pino” (special guest Maria Pia De Vito);
- August 3rd: Safir Nou;
- August 4th: The Castaway;
- August 5th: Mattia Casu;
- August 6th: Karen Souza;
- August 7th: Denise Gueye Band;
- August 7th: Blue Parisi & Jazzin’on;
- August 8th: Valeria Martini “Naturalli Woman” quartet;
- August 8th: Paolo Nonnis Orchestra & Francesca Corrias;
- August 9th: Teresa Salgueiro;
- August 10th: Beeside (only);
- August 11th: Jazz Marchin Band;
- August 12th: Aziza Mustafa Zadhe (only piano).
The events will be held in the beautiful setting of the Roman theater of Nora.
How to get
To get to the Roman theater of Nora from Cagliari (one of the main ports where the ferries to Sardinia dock), you just have to:
- Take the road 195 southward;
- Get to Pula;
- Once you get to Pula, follow the signs for the Roman theater.
Totally, the car journey lasts about one hour.
For more information on the 2017 edition of the International Nora jazz festival (full program, how to participate, any date changes), you can consult the official website of the event, Norajazzfestival.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/maurocaccavaleRelated articles