How to get to Sardinia with car: departure ports and how to book
- Published: 20-05-2016
- Category: News & Info
It is beautiful, Sardinia. But, above all, it is large. And there are many things that you would see. Just for this reason, you know that a means of transportation would be very, very important to visit this wonderful island. In other words, you want to know how to get to Sardinia with car.
Here you have all the information you may need.
The departure ports
The main departure ports to go to Sardinia are:
- Genoa (to get to Porto Torres, Olbia and Arbatax)
- Livorno (to get to Olbia and Golfo Aranci)
- Piombino (to get to Olbia)
- Civitavecchia (to get to Porto Torres, Olbia, Arbatax and Cagliari)
- Naples, Palermo and Trapani (to get to Cagliari)
Which departure port to choose? It depends on the part of Sardinia that you will decide to visit. From these ports, several ferries depart to the chosen destination daily.
How to book
To get to Sardinia with car, you have to book a parking space on a ferry. Book is very easy: you only have to fill the online booking form, specifying the model and size of the vehicle.
- Book about two months in advance is the only way to find cheap ferries to Sardinia.
- In this way, you can find the ferry ticket best offers.
Now that know how to get to Sardinia with car, there’s a vacation to plan. And these seven itineraries will help you to live an unforgettable journey.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/citizendickRelated articles