Il Golfetto: a Caribbean paradise on the coast of Sardinia
- Published: 9-08-2016
- Category: Places to See
Take a look at this photo. Surely, you think that a place like this must be a Caribbean beach. Instead, the place in the photo is very, very near and it’s very, very easy to reach. It’s called il Golfetto. And it’s in Sardinia.
- Il Golfetto. It welcomes you with fine white sand. It enchants you with its blue and turquoise sea. Finally, it surprises you with its quiet atmosphere and its contrast of colours: the blue sea, the white sand, the green Mediterranean scrub.
- Services. On il Golfetto beach there are several services: bars, beach chair rental, pedalo rental.
- Blue flag. A place like this, and it couldn’t be otherwise, is one the Sardinian Blue flag beaches. Moreover, il Golfetto is in good company: the Blue flag beaches of Sardinia are twenty-eight and you can fin them throughout the island, from north to south.
- Where it is. Il Golfetto is on the wonderful coast of Ogliastra. To be precise, this beach is in Lido di Orrì, near Arbatax (the main port in this part of Sardinia) and near Tortolì.
- How to get there. From Tortolì, follow the road signs to Cagliari and then the road signs to the beaches of Orrì (“spiagge di Orrì”). Passed a couple of beaches, there are the road signs to il Golfetto and the nearby car park.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/per0ni