Films shot in Sardinia: 7 movies in a wonderful place
- Published: 29-07-2015
- Category: Thigs to Do
We already wrote about the tourist itineraries to visit Sardinia. But there’s one that we should add. A very particular one, made of 7 stages. And seven are some of the most famous films shot in Sardinia. With related, wonderful locations.
- Travolti da un insolito destino nell’azzurro mare d’agosto (1974). The unforgettable Mariangela Melato and Giancarlo Giannini in a film that made the history of the Italian cinema. Cala Luna beach, in Baunei, was the set for numerous scenes of the film.
- Deserto rosso (1964). Another great masterpiece, by Michelangelo Antonioni. The scene of the “fable” that Giuliana tells to her son took place in Spiaggia rosa di Budelli.
- Travolti dal destino (2002). Remake of Travolti da un insolito destino…, with Madonna and Adriano Giannini. The film, directed by Guy Ritchie (who was the husband of Madonna) was mostly shot in Golfo di Orosei.
- La calda vita (1963). Dramatic movie of Florestano Vancini that tells the shadows and the hypocrisy of the Italian economic boom, it was filmed mostly in Cagliare and Villasimius
- Padre padrone (1977). Taken from the homonymous novel of Gavino Ledda, it is considered the most beautiful film of Taviani brothers. Numerous scenes were shot in Cargeghe, in the province of Sassari.
- Piccolo grande amore (1993). Do you remember the scene when Raoul Bova comes out from the waves? So, this film by Vanzina brothers was shot in Sardinia.
- Una piccola impresa meridionale (2013). It’s mainly known as an actor, but Rocco Papaleo also directed this pleasant comedy, totally shot in Oristano.
These were the 7 most famous films shot in Sardinia. And there are several other movies. And several are the directors who fell completely in love with this wonderful place, a perfect cinematographic set.
Image source: “MelatoGianniniTravolti1974WP”. Con licenza Pubblico dominio tramite WikipediaRelated articles