Booking a ferry to Sardinia: how long does the crossing take?
- Published: 22-05-2018
- Category: News & Info
Are you thinking of booking a place on one of the ferries to Sardinia, surely the best way to reach this beautiful island and enjoy an unforgettable holiday. Before organizing your trip, however, you need an important information: how long is the ferry crossing from the mainland to the island?
The duration of the trip by train to Sardinia changes, and significantly, based on two elements: the port of departure and the port of arrival. Available to all visitors who choose Sardinia for their holidays, there are several routes that allow you to reach different locations on the island. Below, you can find the main routes with the relative travel times:
- Civitavecchia – Arbatax: 10 hours;
- Civitavecchia – Cagliari: 15 hours and 30 minutes;
- Civitavecchia – Olbia: 8 hours;
- Civitavecchia – Porto Torres: 7 hours and 15 minutes;
- Genova – Olbia: 12 hours and and 15 minutes;
- Genova – Porto Torres: 12 hours;
- Livorno – Golfo Aranci: 7 hours and 30 minutes;
- Livorno – Olbia 6 hours and 30 minuti;
- Napoli – Cagliari: 13 hours;
- Palermo – Cagliari: 12 hours.
These, as already mentioned, are the main routes, there are others available to all travelers but to consult all the best way is to use our online booking system.
Timetable and booking
Using our online booking system, which you can see here next, you only have to enter the route, the day of departure, the day of arrival, the number and age of passengers: in a single screen, you can see all times of departures on selected days.
In addition, in this screen you can compare all the prices offered by different companies and book the trip at the most convenient cost. The tickets will be sent to you conveniently via e-mail, saving time and money.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/allalinRelated articles