Ai confini tra Sardegna e jazz 2017: great music in late summer
- Published: 15-06-2017
- Category: Events
An island that resounds with jazz notes: in summer, Sardinia could be defined in this way. And in late summer, from September 1st to 10th, in Sant’Anna Arresi, will take place the 2017 edition of Ai confini tra Sardegna e jazz, one of the most anticipated musical events of the year.
The 2017 program
- September 1st: Dobet Gnahorè Band (special guest Boni Gnahorè, Aly Keita e Hamid Drake).
- September 2nd: Sylvie Courvoisier & Kenny Wollesen Duo | Lean Left.
- September 3rd: Aly Keita & Hamid Drake Duo | MBokò by David Virelles Quartet.
- September 4th: Punjab (Joe Chambers al piano) | Live in Sant’Anna Arresi by Summit Quartet.
- September 5th: Drums, Gongs & Bamboo | M’Boom Repercussion by Joe Chambers.
- September 6th: David Virelles solo | SHAMANIA by Marilyn Mazur’s.
- September 7th: Tyshawn Sorey solo | Odd Time by Kassa Overall, Kool A.D & Dada Powell.
- September 8th: Kassa Overall Trio | Tyshawn Sorey Trio.
- September 9th: A Tribute to Max Roach’s “Freedom Now Suite” by Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber.
- September 10th: Liquid Stone Trio | Groidest Schizznits by Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber.
In the surroundings
The passion for jazz has made you plan the journey to Sant’Anna Arresi. In this part of Sardinia, between a concert and another, we recommend two wonderful hikes:
- The first will make you discover the ruins of Nora, considered the oldest city in Sardinia;
- The second is the San Pietro Island, a small paradise that can be reached by boat from Portovesme.
How to get there
Sant’Anna Arresi is a small town in the province of Sud Sardegna. To get there from Cagliari (one of the main ports for ferries to Sardinia):
- Take the county road 2;
- Take the state highway 293;
- Follow the road signs to Giba;
- From Giba, take the state highway 195 and follow the road signs to Sant’Anna Arresi.
The journey by car takes about one hour and twenty minutes.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Ai confini tra Sardegna e jazz (tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Santannarresijazz.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/chaz77