Ai confini tra Sardegna e jazz: a September dedicated to great jazz music
- Published: 4-08-2016
- Category: Events
September is forthcoming. But the holidays are not yet finished. Especially if you are real jazz enthusiasts and Sardinia is the chosen destination. Because, from September 1st to 10th, Ai confine tra Sardegna e jazz will take place in Sant’Anna Arresi.
The 2016 program
- September 1st: Memorable sticks by Sean Noonan trio | Tomeka Reid quartet.
- September 2nd: coro di Bitti, Remunnu e locu | Zappanation direct by Sean Noonan.
- September 3rd: Matthew Shipp solo | Zula by Andromeda mega express orchestra.
- September 4th: Zappa’s umbrella by Rubatong | Praia Futuro.
- September 5th: Lok 03 | Greg Burk’s Solar sound feat. Rob Mazurek.
- September 6th: Serenus Zeitblom oktett (special guest Ingrid Laubrock) | Peter Brotzmann, William Parker, Hamid Drake.
- September 7th: Megalodon collective | Full blast by Peter Broetzmann (special guest Heather Leigh).
- September 8th: Battle pieces by Nate Wooley | In order to survive by William Parker.
- September 9th: Piano solo by Cooper Moore | Hidros Zap direct by Mats Gustafsson.
- September 10th: Summit quartet | Direction Zappa by Daniele Sepe sextet feat. Dean Bowman and Hamid Drake.
How to get there
Sant’Anna Arresi is a small municipality in the province of Sud Sardegna. To get there from Cagliari:
- Take the county road 2 towards state highway 293;
- Follow the road signs to Giba;
- From Giba, take the state highway 195 and follow the road signs to Sant’Anna Arresi.
The journey by car takes about one hour and twenty minutes.
For further information about the 2016 edition of Ai confini tra Sardegna e jazz (tickets, complete program), you can visit the official website of the event, Santannarresijazz.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/maurocaccavale