Christmas concert 2016: music and magic during a holiday in Cagliari
- Published: 16-11-2016
- Category: Events
This year, you have decided to spend Christmas in a different way: a winter holiday in Sardinia. Although you already have your own itinerary, we can suggest a wonderful idea to end this vacation: the Christmas concert 2016 in Cagliari, which will take place on December 23rd at the Teatro lirico (“Opera house”) of the Sardinian capital city.
Giampaolo Bisanti (conductor), Barbara Crisponi (soprano), Martina Serra (mezzosoprano) and Gaetano Mastroiaco (choirmaster), with the orchestra and choir of the Teatro lirico Cagliari, will perform:
- Orazio Sciortino, Sol Invictus, per coro e orchestra (2016);
- Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Die Ebriden op.26;
- Robert Schumann, Ouverture, Scherzo e Finale in Mi maggiore op.52;
- Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Ein Sommernachtstraum op.61 per soli, coro e orchestra;
- Robert Schumann, Nachtlied op.108.
If you decided not to miss this concert (since you are great classical/opera music enthusiast), Cagliari could be the best destination for this winter holiday. An ancient city that has so much to offer to all its visitors. A destination to discover day by day with seven tourist itineraries:
- In one day;
- The beaches (wonderful to see even in winter);
- The historic districts;
- The surroundings;
- Holidays with kids;
- The bastions;
- Romantic holiday.
For further information about the Christmas concert 2016 in Cagliari (tickets, any changes), you can visit Teatro lirico di Cagliari official website, Teatroliricodicagliari.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/peteashtonRelated articles