Autunno in Barbagia 2015 in Tiana: the fascination of Sardinian history
- Published: 28-10-2015
- Category: Events
The Sardinian history is ancient, full of fascination, with ancient traditions. And there’s a place that represents these three elements. Between nuraghis and rites that survive only here, Autunno in Barbagia 2015 will stop in Tiana from 13th to 15th November 2015.
It’s a small mountain village. Where the traditions, the customs, and the artisan production techniques continue surviving also today.
- Tiana preserved a almost extinct custom: the celebrations of carnival (Which they call Coli Coli) in the first day of Lent.
- The Intintos, people with carbon on their faces that carry a puppet along the road of the city during the Ash Wednesday. The puppet is burned on night. While they walk, Intintos dirt the face of the ones who stay in front of them.
- The Corzos represent the most typical characteristic of the historic center of Tiana: bridges that connect two houses passing above the road.
- The museum system Le vie dell’acqua is not so far from the inhabited center: it’s an important industrial archeological site that includes machineries like a watermill and the last fuller.
- There are numerous archeological rests in the surroundings lands: nuragic sites, the Roman furnace of Tudulu, the Medieval findings in the locality of Santu Leo.
How to reach
To participate at the Autunno in Barbagia in Tiana, we suggest to you to stay overnight in Nuoro. To reach Tiana:
- Take the state riad 389var until the junction to Lodine
- Take the provincial road 30 to Lodine
- Take the provincial road 14 until the junction to the state road 128 (following the road signs to ovodda/Sorgono)
- Once you take the state road 128, follow the road signs to Tiana
As said before, Autunno in Barbagia 2015 will stop in Tiana from 13th to 15th November. For further information (complete program, how to participate, eventually changes of dates),you can visit these two websites:
Image source: “Il Gennargentu visto da Alisi” di Istudente – opera propria. Tramite WikipediaRelated articles