Orgosolo: Autunno in Barbagia 2015 in the town of murals
- Published: 7-10-2015
- Category: Events
Perhaps Orgosolo is a small town. But it’s big, very big, for traditions, nature, culture, beauty. A town in the heart of Sardinia, which has much to offer. Especially on October 17 and 18, when Autunno in Barbagia 2015 will take place here.
Talking about Orgosolo, the first things that comes to mind are its famous murals: socio-political theme, they decorate the narrow streets and the stone houses of the old town centre; the first murals date back to Sixties and, since then, have transformed Orgosolo in an authentic open-air museum.
But Orgosolo is much more:
- the town is overlooked by Gennargentu
- for hikers, there are Iscala de S’Arenargiu and Gorges of Gorropu
- the forest of Montes protects the centuries-old Sas Baddes wood
- there are more than 30 nuraghi around Onanì, the most famous is Mereu
- the archaic tenor singing was declared oral and intangible heritage of humanity by UNESCO
And, characteristic element of Autunno in Barbagia, the historic houses of Orgosolo will open their courtyards to show traditions, ancient crafts and local products: these are Cortes apertas.
How to get there
Orgosolo is located near Nuoro. To get there, take county road 58 towards south and follow the road signs to Orgosolo. The journey will take about half an hour by car.
For more information about Autunno in Barbagia 2015 in Orgosolo (complete program, possible changes of dates), you can visit these two websites:
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/crisologoRelated articles