Belvì: Autunno in Barbagia in the heart of Sardinian mountains
- Published: 8-10-2015
- Category: Events
Autunno in Barbagia, on October 17 and 18, 2015, will take place in the heart of Sardinian mountains. And Belvì will welcome all the visitors who will choose it to spend their October holidays dedicated to traditions nature.
On one side, there is the final part of the so-called Tacchi (literally “heels”), limestone plateaus with steep walls. On the other side, there is the mountain chain of Gennargentu, where the highest peak is La Marmora, 1.834 meters a.s.l. This is the landscape that surrounds Belvì.
Real paradise for hikers, Belvì is also a recommended destination if you want to discover the culture of this country:
- the symbol of Belvì are caschettes, thin pasta shells filled with hazelnut paste and honey flavored with orange zest
- woodcarving and ironwork are the main forms of Belvì craftsmanship
- the old town centre is a maze of narrow streets overlooked by typical houses made of stone blocks with the traditional wooden balconies
- in the surroundings there are several domus de janas, such as Antonitzò, Gesaru, Lagosu, Nadalia
Where can you find (and taste) the typical products of Belvì? Obviously, in the Cortes apertas: during Autunno in Barbagia 2015, the historic homes will open their courtyards to offer local products and traditional crafts.
How to get there
The main town near Belvì is Nuoro. To get from Nuoro to Belvì:
- take the state highway 389var towards south
- follow the road signs to Fonni/Ovodda/Aritzo/Arise
- passed Asuai, take the state highway 295 and follow the road signs to Belvì
The journey by car takes about one hour and twenty minutes. Alternatively, from Arbatax you can take the so-called Trenino Verde (literally “the green train”).
For more information about Autunno in Barbagia 2015 in Belvì (complete program, possible changes of dates), you can visit these two websites:
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/ogliastraRelated articles