What to see during a 6-days vacation to Sardinia: 3 ideas for you
- Published: 28-01-2016
- Category: Thigs to Do
Visit Sardinia is the idea for your next 6-days vacation. And now all you need is a touristic itinerary that will allow you to live an unforgettable journey.
Itinerary #1: south coast
- Cagliari. Sardinian capital city can be visited in one day: the things to see are Quartiere Castello, Poetto, Bastione di Saint Remy, Torre dell’elefante, Torre di San Pancrazio, Palazzo reale, Cattedrale di Santa Maria.
- Villasimius and Costa Rei. Kilometers and kilometers of paradisiacal beaches and pristine lagoons. Visit the famous archaeological site of Cuili Piras.
- Pula and Nora. Near Pula there is one of the most important Sardinian archaeological treasures: the ruins of the submerged Nora, an ancient Roman city.
- Chia and Teulada. If you want to relax and to enjoy a wonderful (and unique) sea, the beaches of Chia and Teulada are just waiting for you.
- Sulcis Peninsula. A rural area: grasslands, Mediterranean scrub, villages by the sea, desert bays. Where to experience peace and tranquility.
- Iglesiente Coast. The most “rough and genuine” part of Sardinia, with mountains that reach the sea and several beautiful towns.
Itinerary #2: north coast
- Stintino. The beaches are the main reason for which hundreds of visitors choose Stintino for their holidays. Beaches, but not only.
- Porto Torres. A city with two souls: the first is its ancient history, the second is the nature (along its coast there are some beautiful beaches such as Balai and Acque Dolci).
- L’Asinara. Beaches, hiking and diving: Asinara is the island where you will spend the third day of this itinerary. You can reach Asinara from the port of Porto Torres.
- Santa Teresa di Gallura. Its old town centre is a maze of narrow streets. Do not miss Capo Testa, a small island with picturesque bays.
- Bonifacio. Since you are in Santa Teresa di Gallura, you could visit Bonifacio, in Corsica. The things to see are the citadel, the Marina, the Roman column, the hill of San Rocco, Rondinara beach and Palombaggia beach.
- La Maddalena. Sea, nature, history, culture: La Maddalena archipelago has everything a vacationer could wish for.
Itinerary #3: east coast
- Golfo Aranci. One of the main towns along Sardinian east cost: the things to see are chiesa di Marinella, pozzo sacro di Milis, chiesa della Madonna del Monte, chiesa antica di San Giuseppe, il Vecchio Semaforo.
- Beaches of Golfo Aranci. In particular, the places that you have to visit during this vacation are Spiaggia Bianca, Baia Caddinas, Cala Sabina, Cala Sassari, Sos Aranzos.
- Olbia. Large and well-known city, you will spend here the third day of this itinerary.
- Nuraghi of Olbia. Olbia is (also) one of the most important Nuragic centre of Sardinia, as Sa Testa, Riu Mulinu and Su Monte de s’Ape demonstrate.
- Beaches. The fifth day will be dedicated to two of the most beautiful beaches you will ever see: Cala Moresca, in Arbatax, and Cala Luna, in the Gulf of Orosei.
- Arbatax. Rocce Rosse, Porto Frailis, San Gemiliano and the small port are the things to see in Arbatax.
Have you chosen your favorite itinerary to spend this 6-days vacation to Sardinia? Well, now there is only one thing that you have to do: book a ferry ticket to Sardinia.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/jesusbelzunceRelated articles